Using the Channergy Amazon/Ebay Product Import Utility
This utility is designed to add or update your Amazon or Ebay listings in Channergy. For most users the tool will work “right out of the box”. However please read the limitations discussed below.
Generally speaking the application assumes that each Amazon seller-sku or Ebay Custom Label are unique products that you want to import into Channergy. If you have multiple listings for the same physical product, what we call product aliases, you will have to alter the file before you can import the data into Channergy. Please look at the Adding Product Aliases section below.
The Channergy Product Number field is a unique value that is no more than 20 characters in length. If your Amazon seller-sku’s or Ebay Custom Labels are more than 20 characters in length, the tool will not import them and create a file called ErrorLog.csv. To learn more about how to manage these products go to the Channel SKU’s too long section below.
Starting the Application
To start the application simply click on the AmazonEbayImport… option from the Tools menu.
If you do not see the link in the Tools menu, please read the Setting up the Application section below.
When the application opens you will see a screen similar to this.
Importing Amazon Product Listings
- Select the Amazon option from the Select Data to Import combo box.
If you do not have the Amazon channel accounts set up you will get the following dialog box.
To set up the Channel Accounts please read our Channergy Implementation Process document.
Currently the application assumes that you have both Amazon and Amazon FBA products and it requires you to set up an Amazon FBA channel as well.
- Select the Channel Account and the Amazon FBA Channel Accounts from the Select Channel Account and Select Amazon FBA Channel combo boxes.
- Click on the Select File button and select the Amazon Active Listings report you want to import.
- Select the options from the check boxes as defined below
- Use Current Retail Price: Checking this box does two things it checks the equivalent box in the channels tab and (if the product is a new product) updates the retail price to be the price from the active listings report.
- Use Current In Stock: Checking this box checks the Use Current In Stock Quantity in the Amazon channel. This tells Channergy to always upload the actual In Stock quantity instead of what is in the In Stock field in the Amazon tab.
- Use Product Number as SKU: Checking this box checks the Use Product Number as SKU box in the Amazon tab. Check this box if you want your seller-skus to be the same as the Channergy Product number. Do not check this box if you have any of the limitations as described above
- Update Existing Products?: Only check this box if you want to update all of the existing products in Channergy with the data from the active listings report. NOTE: Use this carefully because this will update all the fields in Channergy.
- Click on the Process Active Listings button to import the active listings.
- The text box below the Process Active Listings button will display the process and when it is complete it will look similar to below.
NOTE: If you have seller-sku’s that are too long to convert the application will display the following dialog box
The ErrorLog.csv file will be in your Channergy data directory.
This section describes how to add product aliases or unique product numbers to the channergy database if your Amazon seller-sku’s or Ebay Custom Labels do not meet the criteria for creating products in Channergy.
Briefly the process involves the following:
- Opening the active listings report in Excel or some other spreadsheet application.
- Adding a new column A and titling it ProductNo.
- Update the rows with what you want the unique ProductNo to be in Channergy.
- Saving the file again as a text (tab file for Amazon) or (csv file for Ebay).
Amazon Active Listings
When you open an Amazon active listings report it will look similar to this. Also, you can learn more about reading Amazon inventory report here.
You will notice that the first two products (highlighted in yellow) have essentially the same seller-sku 102 and 102-2. Let’s assume that they are actually the same physical product that you would ship to the customer and that you want the unique product in Channergy to be PRODUCT102.
- Insert a new column in the spreadsheet and title the first row ProductNo.
- Change the ProductNo column to be the product that you want to it to be called in Channergy, in this case PRODUCT102.
- Save the file as a new tab delimited text (.txt) file.
- Import this new file as described above.
In the example above the product will look like this in Channergy.
If the application identifies seller-sku’s that are too long to be unique Channergy product numbers, it will create a file called ErrorLog.csv in your Channergy data folder. If you open it in a spreadsheet application it will look similar to this.
You will notice that the seller-sku’s are clearly over 20 characters in length and if you look at the first 20 characters the product numbers will not be unique even though the two products are clearly not the same.
To fix these products do the following
- Update the ProductNo column to be a unique product number in your Channergy database. In the example above we will call “This is a really long seller-sku 122” to be PRODUCT122 and “This is a really long seller-sku 126” PRODUCT126. The updated spreadsheet will look like this.
- Save the file as a tab delimited file.
- Import the newly saved file into the AmazonEbay import utility.
In the example above the “This is a really long seller-sku 122” will look like this in Channergy
and the “This is a really long seller-sku 126” product will look like this in Channergy